Friday, November 22, 2013

take control

158 views after my first week. Not bad for a beginner. Hopefully I get to start posting more than once a week. Depends on how interested everyone is I guess. As far as an update on me I decided enough was enough with a doctor who wont do anything to help me and my thyroid because the main level they check is fine (although the other levels are off and I have a list of symptoms.) I went to my regular doctor and she is sending me for an ultrasound of my thyroid in case it is something else and then to see a new endocrinologist. Sometimes you have to do your research and become knowledgeable about your conditions and go with what your gut is telling you. I wasted enough time waiting for things to get better when evidently something else is going on. My advice to you is to take control of your own health. I mean that in every way. Learn about your conditions, eat healthy and remember your doctor doesn't know everything.

Anyways I wrote down a list of topics to post about recipes, exercises, before pics, etc. Any suggestions or questions just let me know.

I get a lot of questions as far as eating out, exercises and recipes. For the most part with all the pain issues I have had walking has been a major factor in my weight loss. YES, walking! For a long time that was all I could do and then after the wreck I could barely do that but I still did it and I kept losing weight all along. Before my energy levels so drastically dropped I was doing all kinds of things at the gym. My main focus has always been cardio. I will walk outside, use the treadmill or elliptical. Once I was able I started on weights doing all that I could. I also found all kind of exercises on pinterest that I try to do. Feel free to check out my pinterest page with those workouts and as well as recipes. http://www.pinterest.com/jenniebowman7/ As far as eating out it is just about being aware of what you are eating. I chose not to eat out for a year. I had no desire to do it and felt no need to do so. I finally ate out a couple of times and it really wasn’t worth it. I can make something just as good and better for you at home. If you are going to eat out just make wise decisions. Its all up to you.

Here are a couple of before pictures. They are both with my favorite group The Band Perry. I HOPE one day when I am finished to get an after picture. That would be amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment