Monday, December 2, 2013

Holidays are here

The holidays are here. Don't use that as an excuse to eat everything in sight. I just keep eating the same that I always eat. For thanksgiving we had a very untraditional meal because we had it the weekend after and figured my brothers and their families wouldn't want turkey and stuffing again. They ended up making chili and fast food..lol. I knew all along I would be cooking my own food. I decided to make the kids a healthier mac n cheese with light laughing cow cheese, broccoli and kale. they had no idea that was kale and they all liked it. I also made a spaghetti squash casserole and baked some sliced zucchini and squash with low fat parmesan cheese on top. Those that were brave enough to try the casserole loved it. I finished every bite of the leftovers! It was so good. I have been instructed to make this for every event we have this month! I got the recipe off pinterest. Its basically just spaghetti squash, cottage cheese, fat free mozzarella cheese, rotel, onions and topped with low fat parmesan cheese. The recipe in this link has a lot more ingredients and I have seen different variations of the recipe. I am quite fond of my own! http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/spaghetti-squash-casserole.aspx


There are plenty of ways to still eat healthy through the holidays. There is no reason it has to be any different than any other time of the year. Its just your choice. Nobody can make you eat those desserts. My favorite dessert that I eat often is quite a surprising one. It is peanut butter cookie dough. What!? Yes but its not made of what you think. Its made of chickpeas, honey and peanut butter. I made them into cookies once and they were good but I prefer just to eat it as dough. You would never know it was chickpeas. I even tested them on my peanut butter loving niece and she loved them and she was shocked when I told her what was in them. Here is a link to the original recipe. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/749893-chick-pea-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies


There are way too many healthy options out there that are so good and good for you. The choice is yours.

As far as an update on me I did get the ultrasound results today and my thyroid looked fine. I see the new endocrinologist this month and we will go from there. I am beyond ready to feel better. Tired of being tired! Gotta keep going though!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment